Monday, June 12, 2006

Something Fishy

I've been trying to post for a while now... but I can't get pictures to load. Oh well... you're stuck with words.

But hey... the World cup has started and tonight is the big opener for the U S of A. It's nice being so close to Germany... I've watched all or some of every single game this year. So that's been nice... But you can't really consider any World Cup 'open' until they bring out the big guns... Tomorrow the hot rivalry of South Korea and Togo will be taking center stage.

I have enjoyed some of this year's headlines though. Including: "First chance to shine for Ghana's Black Stars". Who knew that capital letters could make such a difference? "Iran aim to leave with more than honor"... fine with me, as long as they're not aiming with a nuclear weapon. "Serbians are strong in tackle and spirit"... too bad they're not fishing. "Switzerland's international bright young things"... I have no idea what that is about.

Anyway...

USA! USA! USA!

2 comments:

ukrainiac said...

You make me smile...Keep the headlines comin'!

Dasha said...

Those are ACTUAL headlines... none of them are made up.