Thursday, February 07, 2008

Not much better...

So... we're not doing THAT much better at blogging. But I've always been good at making excuses. So I figure if I can combine that passion with blogging, I've got a shot at least getting a few posts up regularly.

So, what ELSE have we been busy with besides school? Well Dasha is at work (writing away) from 10 until 7.

I'm doing what musicians do, I guess. Here's what the last few days looked like, not counting school.

Monday: Four hour rehearsal at Philharmonic . And two private hour-and-a-half lessons. (In between those two was a cup of coffee with mom, the empy-nester.)

Tuesday: Four hours at the Philharmonic and then a rehearsal with the "next big pop star of Ukraine" (I'm the drummer... and Dima (some of you may know Dima from tours) is the percussionist.)

Wednesday: Almost five hours at the Opera House (with the Philharmonic orchestra and some of Ukraine's most famous opera stars) and then a 2.5 hour concert that evening called "To Ukraine, I Shall Return" where ukrainian opera and ballet stars, who are good enough to perform around the world, come back for a concert that they all sing at. (In between the rehearsal and concert I had another nice cup of coffee with Mammy Empty-Nester)

So that is some of what keeps us busy. Today is a little slower with only one rehearsal (actually there are two: Philharmonic and pop star, but the times conflict so had to find someone to fill in for one of them) but tomorrow picks up again with four hours at the Philharmonic in the morning, followed by a private lesson with the Dutch Ambassador's son, and then a concert at the Philharmonic in the evening.

Good excuses for not posting?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually thought I might see you again this afternoon for coffee!