Saturday, November 03, 2007

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow is the big day... first international tour with the Philharmonic Orchestra. We're off to Japan... Here's the thing I hate about travelling:

I spent over a year studying Russian because I couldn't stand not understanding what was going on around me (and I'm still learning). But as soon as I get to the airport: "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" I have no idea half of what is going on around me. Japan is worse because you can't even pretend know the 'letters' and try to sound something out... look at this:

Kyiv's subway system took our family less than a month to get used to. There are three lines... the red, the blue, and the green. This is Tokyo:
People think Kyiv is a hustling, bustling metropolis with three million people living here... Tokyo is 12 million in the city limits and countless more and the huge, suburban, surrounding area.


On our way, we get to spend the night in Milan. So we'll see if I end up with a picture like this one before heading off to Japan:


3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Lucky!!!

Take LOTS of pictures! and tell us how Milan is!!! Do the rest of the group need a visa to be able to leave the airport? Or will you be able to have company in your night of Milan?

Anonymous said...

Big hugs to you. Prayed for your travel, your witness, your health and safety this morning.

Love you. And we'll do our best to take of Dasha while you're gone!

KristenAnne said...

well i guess you have to become fluent in Japanese too :) what a great experience. i'm going on my first plane in January... you should be impressed hahah