Saturday, September 08, 2007

It's DONE!

If my calculations are correct, it has been about THREE MONTHS since Dasha and I have had a home. Workers kept promising finish dates, but the would pass by with no finish in sight.

Finally... Dasha and spent the night in the house. No workers... no anybody.... just us, and we're home. Light... check. Water... check. Hot water... check. Internet enabled computer... check.

Tonight was the first night we spent the night. Grandma (she lives on the first floor), Dasha, and I (we live on the second floor) 'christened' the house last night with a little bit of scotch whisky. Mmm... mmm. Still a lot of work to do here... but at least we're HOME!

(This is an old picture... I'm too lazy to go outside and take a picture of the completed house)

6 comments:

ukrainiac said...

Hallelujah!

Melanie said...

how's the koshka? still there?

KristenAnne said...

how exciting! congrats. eventually I want a new picture :)

Anonymous said...

Terrific! May God bless you abundantly in your new surroundings and may you use your new home to serve and glorify Him!

Dasha the Explorer said...

Melanie, there are four cats now! Actually, four cutest kittens! Two tiny twins, one slightly older noble looking foggy-grey cat Bars and the most beautiful cat with long fur and absolutely unique pattern. Thet are all so playful and lovely, they all really add light spirit to our new place :)

Melanie said...

awww yay! maybe you will begin to like little koshki more than when I was there? however you did like the little koshka when he was all bundled up! :)

I miss you all! :(

give Babushka a big hug for me, I've been thinking of her a lot lately.