Friday, April 28, 2006

Easter


So, I promised an Easter blog to Mrs. T... so here it is. Dyeing eggs is also traditional for Ukraine (almost MORE traditional I would say judging by the amount of painted-egg souveneirs that are sold all year). But, as "seen" in the second picture... they bang them together. I'm holding the orange egg and Dasha is holding red egg. As tradition goes, the one who's egg cracks has to do whatever the other person can think up. For those interested in who won:

I started counting (to three, obviously) and Dasha false started and cracked mine slightly. I called foul (I am an award winning demander of fairness {just ask Jared and the American Ledger}) and turned my egg around, counted to three and made her the crack-ee.

In the first picture is a gluten-free Paska. Real ones look a little different... they're a little bulgy and not caved in. But everyone buys these thingys and gets them blessed in orthodox churches...

There it is, Mrs. T. In a nutshell.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dasha said...

Actually, it was our friend's birthday and after church we went out for a picnic/barbecue birthday gathering. So we did have other special food, but that really wasn't part of the Easter tradition.

Anna P said...

Did you make the gf bread yourself or can you buy it pre-made for the Easter celebration?